Early signs of periodontal diseases should be considered…
Periodontal diseases manifest themselves with different symptoms such as bleeding gums while brushing teeth, gum sensitivity, chronic bad breath, inflammation and increased gap between teeth. They may cause loss of natural teeth and damage digestive functions.
Even if periodontal diseases characterized by inflammation of the gums called gingivitis may damage to the gum and the tooth-supporting alveolar bone in the future, even if they do not cause very disturbing symptoms in the early period. Gingival health must be paid attention in order to prevent irreversible damage.
We, as Denta Clinic, serve with our expert staff in order to protect and improve gingival health. We increase our patients’ awareness about periodontal diseases that may lead to irreversible health problems if neglected, and combine our expertise with the most advanced technologies for a healthier life.
What Are The Symptoms of Periodontal Diseases?
Symptoms of periodontal disease may vary depending on the problem and how far the problem progresses. The most common symptoms of periodontal diseases can be listed as follows:
- Cold and hot sensitivity on teeth
- Pain and ache during chewing
- Bad taste in mouth and chronic bad breath
- Swollen and red gums
- Bleeding of the gums during teeth cleaning
- Inflammation between teeth and gums
What Are The Most Common Periodontal Diseases?
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis, the mildest periodontal disease, is a disease caused by microbial dental plaques and characterized by redness, bleeding, edema and bad breath in the gums.
- Chronic Periodontitis: This disease, which is an infection of the gums, is often neglected as the symptoms progress slowly. Chronic gingivitis manifests itself with symptoms such as spacing, rotation, swinging, dysfunction, abscess and bad breath in the teeth; if neglected, it is treated surgically.
- Aggressive Periodontitis: Bone loss may occur in this periodontal disease, which should be performed concurrently with complicated treatment approaches.
How to Treat Periodontal Diseases?
During the treatment of periodontal diseases, the symptoms of the patients are evaluated and the patients undergo a detailed examination. If early signs are found, the dentists should clean plaque and tartar on the teeth. It may also be necessary to correct the root surface. As a result of these procedures, bacteria that cause inflammation are removed. In addition to these treatments applied in the early period of periodontal diseases, it is also important for patients not to neglect their oral care for the successful and long-term treatment.
Advanced periodontal diseases require treatment options to be expanded. Gingival Flap Surgery may also be necessary to reduce the depth of periodontal pockets or restore bone tissue that is beginning to disappear.
Which Areas Does Periodontology Work In?
Periodontology, which deals with the protection and improvement of the health of soft and hard tissues in the mouth as well as the treatment of periodontal diseases, is specifically about the treatment of loss of alveolar bone due to neglected treatments, bone graft applications, gingival recessions, gingival enlargements, dental implants and tooth extraction.
Periodontal diseases that may occur due to different reasons such as genetic factors, insufficient oral hygiene, hormonal changes, malnutrition, systemic diseases and smoking should not be neglected! We, as Denta Clinic, diagnose the periodontal diseases of our patients in the early period and initiate the treatment processes. We aim to eliminate the negative effects of periodontal diseases with our experienced and professional staff. You can contact us for more healthy and functional gums.